Friday, April 27, 2018

My Craftroom v3.0...work in progress

Since My Craftroom v1.0...
I've become a mom of TWO boys...
In a new house...

My Craftroom v2.0, with the awesome mountain view is my youngest's new room...I'll miss the view...

Anyways, new room means a new attempt to getting myself organized...and treating it as a permanent move, so time to put nails into those studs!

BEFORE the organization commences...borderline horder? There was NO floor space to even walk around!

BEFORE

Now the fun starts...

Step 1
Get yourself lots of storage space. In my case, my husband is a gem, he loaded me up with lots of fairly cheap bookshelves from Ikea. There's 5 in total right now.

Step 2
Unbox all your boxes onto the shelves. I had so many boxes, I didn't even know where to start. Heck, I didn't even think it would fit onto the shelves I had. Talk about being overwhelmed!
Deep breath!
One box at a time...one box a day...one shelf at a time.

Step 3
Be consistent.
I dedicated specific things to a specific shelf and kept things together based on that rule. 

The one closest to the computer desk (in the foreground to your right) was dedicated to office supplies.

Two are dedicated to paper crafts and paper craft tools, the ones in the middle of the screen.


The far back one is was suppose to be for sewing / fabric, but that got moved temporarily to the solo shelf on the far left. I needed that far back one to add to the two I dedicated to paper crafts. I might put all my stamp stuff there.

Step 4
Keep at it.
Once one box disappears, more disappears and soon you can see the floor and walk around the room.

I can now see the floor, all the way to the back walk, AND under the middle table!
Look, I even started displaying my pin collection on the wall!

Mid-way

Step 5
Go back to Step 1 and repeat...add more storage space as needed...if you have space to add more


Step 6
Once your boxes are gone, start clearing off the desks of the loose items you haven't figured out where to store it.


Come back again to check on my progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment